7/24/2010

PhotoHunt#98 Hanging

Photobucket

Yes, these girls are still alive and yes, those are rings of fire hanging around their necks. Just joking :D Actually, a ring of fire running circles on their neck while I took continuous shots in slow shutter speed. They were doing the fire dance and thanks to the Basic Photography Workshop I attended just today, I was able to do that photo.

My brain cells are filled with the words like aperture, depth of field, exposure, ISO, shutter speed and other terms in photograph today. At least though, I can say now that I understand a little bit of those words after attending the Basic Photography Workshop today at Tribung K'Mindanawan. It was initially intimidating even made more so when I saw that except for me and a friend, the participants are holding their own DSLR's.

They came in various sizes with complementing bazooka-like lenses, those DSLR's. It took me a few minutes to take out my cute, compact Canon G10. How could I dare take out my cute firecracker against those SCUD-looking missiles. Anyway, after some prodding and encouragement by the lecturer and other participants, I gingerly exposed my "advanced digital camera" Canon G10. Poor thing, it's been almost a year since I bought it and I still don't know much about its other features and buttons except setting it on AUTO. LOL!

I'm amazed though that I learned a lot today about photography and about my camera. I learned how to slow my shutter speed to shoot this...*oh, that's how these numbers in this button work here*

Photobucket

I learned that I can set my camera on continuous shot and keep on shooting to produce this shot...

Photobucket
These girls look like there are rings of fire hanging around their bodies.

We'll have another session tomorrow. I wonder what we'll be doing next. For sure, I'd be sweating buckets again trying to apply what I learned. Mind you, the words aperture and such on my brain don't necessarily translate easily on my fingers that operate my camera but I'm having fun though.

This is my entry for:

For more photohunters, go here.

2 comments:

Mom Daughter Style said...

i've watched fire stunts and it was very entertaining

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

These girls are good, and you were good to capture the dance.