7/20/2010

On His Third Chemo

Yesterday was my father's third chemotherapy session. My father didn't want to check in to the hospital so he was allowed to have his chemo at the doctor's clinic. A good thing because the cost was lesser. It didn't diminish my anxiety though.

With an improved appetite and lesser difficulty in swallowing his food, the past weeks had us relieved and encouraged. The latest CT scan reversed the relief though. After two sessions of chemotherapy session, a lot of my father's cancer cells did diminish in size but some got bigger. Perplexed, our doctors asked for the CT scan films instead of relying on the lab reading results.

Almost at the same time, my father's appetite deteriorated. He was relying more on drinking milk than eating solid food.

With this situation, my father's third chemotherapy session was such a big worry for me. Thankfully, a cousin who is a registered nurse volunteered to stay with him and my mother for the day as he had his session. They went home by the afternoon. We do still need to talk to the doctor regarding the CT results. I was thinking we might need to reconsider his current treatment plan.

0 comments: