7/10/2010

PhotoHunt#96 Free

The guards were not around. The area was abandoned. It was a hot day, after all and the visitors preferred staying indoors while we were busy checking out the perimeter of the place called Malacanang of the North in Paoay, Ilocos Norte.

We saw some mango trees near the dried up Olympic-sized swimming pool. FREE for the taking. The mango trees were full of big, juicy green mangoes that we started to drool a bit *giggle*. So, with me keeping an eye on whoever might come near us, my friends strained to reach the irresistible mangoes. We got two. Sour but crunchy!

Malacanang of the North was one of the resthouses of the former president of the Philippines, Ferdinand Marcos. It is now being managed by the government and is now a museum.

Photobucket

This is my entry for:

For more photohunters, go here.

11 comments:

MaR said...

I have never seen a mango tree. Wonderful free treats!!
free

Anonymous said...

wonderful shot for FREE

Katya said...

Aha...a rather sneaky FREE theme! I love it! That is pretty funny. I hope you enjoyed those mangoes...a lot!

Happy Weekend!

Find my entry here: http://bristolwood.net

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

i enjoyed your interpretation of free, those mangoes look like they are worth the effort!

Unknown said...

i'm sure the guard would let you take some mango if he's around.:p

Kim, USA said...

Wow mango FREE for the taking I would be happy for that too. Happy Sunday!
PhotoHunt~Free

Anneke (Mudhooks) said...

Mmmmm, Mangoes... Years ago, I grew a couple of mango trees from some seeds I saved after eating the fruit. I was showing them off to a friend and she looked at me like I was insane! "These were WEEDS where I lived..."

I guess it is a matter of perspective but if I had mango trees growing in a quantity that I could consider them "weeds" I would be counting my blessings!

Alice Audrey said...

I haven't seen a mango tree before, either. I love mango, but don't know if I'd want one that's sour and crunchy. Weren't they tough?

Chubskulit Rose said...

Penge ng mangga sis hehehe.

I am late with my post, but here hoping you can still take a peek on my FREE stuff.

Sreisaat said...

Free mangoes - what could be better than that!


Sreisaat Adventures

Animor/Siromade said...

hahaha what a nice entry..I remember those were the days when we were kids we use to do that if not mango, santol or aratiles...

Pls try to visit my new blogsite. or if you can add my link and follow, ill be thankful. I've just added your.

http://www.daygazers.blogspot.com