7/01/2010

The Heat Is On High Power Bill, Low Power Service

I could almost feel my jaw slacken down to my chest while my eyes strained out of its socket as I read our power and light bill last month. How can I not when it went up almost 50% from the previous month’s bill?! I mistakenly thought we would have it lowered down considering the brownouts that we had. I was about to have a fit (started to say the first syllable of my favorite curse word, in fact) but my mother heard me and reminded me that we started using our electric stove last month after our gas stove’s burner plates became unusable. Okay, I simmered down a bit at that but still could not believe with what I was about to pay. I did pay, grudgingly.

Come this month, I was almost afraid to touch the power and light bill but I had to. There it is, another increase of almost 20%. What the…?! What’s going on? The brownouts are still there. They may have not been happening as frequently as it was but they are still there. Surely, that should count for something in the bill amount. I mean, it should decrease but increase. Agree?

Apparently, Davao Light and National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) think otherwise. I have yet to know the reason behind the increase of the power and light bill but one thing’s for sure, the increase hurt my pocket really bad, the power service did not commensurate with the bill I paid. These two companies suck!

0 comments: