2/23/2010

Ruby Tuesday#39 Pretty Girls In Red

While I always get mesmerized watching ice dancing on the Winter Olympics, I still love watching Kadayawan Festival's street dancing which happens every 3rd week of August.

I really love the Kadayawan Festival for its color, vibrance and positivity. This picture was taken during the Kadayawan Festival's Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan (streetdancing) that showcased the dances of the indigenous tribes. Participants were from public schools that came from all over Mindanao.

Photobucket



Go here for more.

9 comments:

Gmirage said...

Brilliant! Nakapagsuot din ako minsan ng makulay na ganyan.... :D Love the designs!

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow! These are beautiful! I love captures of traditional events from any country...I would have loved to watch their performance.

Hootin Anni said...

So very colorful and educational at the same time.

My Ruby Tuesday - Kachina Doll

Hope you're having a super day.

Snooze said...

the girls look so beautiful.

Suburban Girl said...

I love all the rich color and textures...and of course red just makes everything a little better.

Kathy said...

Love the picture. And the girls are all very beautiful.

Robin said...

What a wonderfully colorful festival - tailor-made for a photographer!

Kristen Andrews said...

very pretty for sure!

Marice said...

beautoful indeed! i havent attended any of their festival yet but im hoping I could in the future :)



u may view mine here