5/24/2010

Tiring Day

It has been a tiring day for me but I shouldn't complain because my father would've been more tired and anxious. He was admitted early today at the hospital for jejunostomy procedure. Because of his loss of appetite and rapid weight loss, the doctors recommended the jejunostomy procedure.

Source: wikipedia
Jejunostomy refers to an artificial opening into the jejunum. It is performed to allow feeding tube placement. Jejunostomy is an alternative to gastrostomy when the stomach is unsuitable for a feeding tube.


It can be performed either endoscopically, or with formal surgery.


The advantage over a gastrostomy is its low risk of aspiration. Disadvantages include small bowel obstruction, ischemia, and requirement for continuous feeding.

Being hypertensive, my father was under constant monitoring by the hospital staff today. Gone was my plan to take a nap while me and my mother were watching over him at the hospital as almost every 15-30 days, there would be somebody coming in to check on his condition.

His procedure is scheduled tomorrow morning.

1 comments:

anjanette_axl@yahoo.com said...

Praying for your father's fast recovery