1/18/2009

PhotoHunt#15 Hat(s)


When we arrived in Shanghai, China last December 2008, the weather was very, very cold at 6C-10C. It was a shock for us who came from a tropical country. We were quite amazed by how the locals can tolerate the cold weather. We were already wearing layered clothes, hats and/or bonnets but still, we still felt uncomfortable.

The picture was taken while we were going down the underpass in East Nanjing Road, Shanghai, China. As you can see, my friend-travel companion, Zaldy (the guy with the red hat) was the only one in the picture who was wearing a hat. Of course, most of the people in the pictures were locals except for the one in the extreme left. She is partially hidden and wearing a bonnet; she’s another friend-travel companion, Agnes.

5 comments:

A Scattering said...

Thanks for visiting my PhotoHunt entry. Yours is a really good entry - I take cold weather and all the clothes we need for granted as I live in Canada. It's interesting to read about cold weather from the perspective of someone who is not used to it. Of course we get beautiful warm weather in the spring and summer and even into fall.

Tammy said...

Thanks for stopping by my PH post! Great pic for this week's theme!

Anonymous said...

There is a lot to be said for having adapted to the environment. I live in the Chicago suburbs and my son and I seldom wears hat even when it's frigid cold.


Here's Mine!

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by my blog...www.blipbit.com

Heart of Rachel said...

That's very cold indeed. I would have worn a cap as well.