9/05/2011

Travel Bug


The Boracay-Kalibo-Iloilo trip last week that I did with my mother was her second travel vacation in decades. The travel time was longer than last March’s Cebu-Bohol trip but aside from the typhoon worries, she actually did well. The weather was not as good as I had expected it to be considering Typhoon Mina’s tailwinds affected the weather of central Philippines. I was hoping we could soak in the waters of Boracay but the waves were just too strong to handle she would not dare go near it. Nevertheless, she was awed by the place. She expected it to be like our Samal Island, less populated and with lesser amenities but she was in for a big surprise, of course. Boracay Island was after all, a party island.

As we walked at the famous White Beach for hours, I was wishing my father was also there. He would have soaked it all up and would probably be quite happy being by the beach. Still, I am quite happy that I was able to convince my mother to start traveling. The travel bug hit her and she really liked it.    

0 comments: