8/01/2009

Former Pres. Corazon Aquino Is Dead

Let us offer our prayers for the repose of the soul of former Philippine President Corazon "Cory" Aquino. She is one of my heroes and it is really saddening that the Philippines lost its one of the most stalwart believers. She will always be remembered as the icon of Philippine democracy. For the Filipino people, she was the mother that they needed to guide them out through the dictatorship of the Marcos regime and the strength to draw upon during its aftermath.

As for me, Cory Aquino made me appreciate more that I am a Filipino, that I should be proud of my heritage and that I should fight for freedom and democracy. Without Cory Aquino, the Filipinos would never learn how to appreciate their worth and the sacrifices her husband, Ninoy, had to go through just to attain the democracy the Filipinos have come to be famous for.

To Tita Cory: May you rest in peace. You'll always be remembered. God bless.

0 comments: