9/01/2010

Getting The Wireless Router

I can be really clueless on things that are techie but when I learned from our computer technician that I can have wifi at home, my antenna went up immediately.

My nieces are starting to compete with my computer use due to their school assignments. While one is quite interested in doing the Facebook or even Friendster, both have been bugging me about their school assignments. So, the wifi connection at home is a solution. I actually thought it'll be an expensive gadget to buy but when I was told that it will just cost me below P2000, I got interested.

TP-Link was highly recommended by our computer technician and our system administrator. The TP-Link I bought was the TL-WR740N model. A combined wired/wireless network connection with 4-port switch with performance speed up to 150mbps. It was easy to install and its performance? It's doing good! Now, I won't have to wait for my nieces to finish up their assignments on computer before I can check my Facebook.

2 comments:

junelle said...

Congrats tes! wifi zone na ang haus ninyo.hehehe Ok ang TP Link, been using that since nagpa-install mi og bayantel and makaabot siya sa 2nd floor mura lang pa jud.

agent112778 said...

jaz DONT FORGET to set up the password so that your next door neighbor(s) will not get a FREE wi-fi access. jaz like my friend, she has free inet thanx to the neighbor who did not set up the password.