9/20/2010

There Are More Funerals

Today, is my father's 40th day of death. I miss his presence. I pray that he is happy and at peace wherever he is now.

Nowadays, am feeling my age. Maybe even more. Slowly, gone are the days that I attend to a lot of baptismal/christening parties. Bridal shower parties and wedding receptions are even getting rarer. In fact, am attending more funerals now than I've ever did before. Funerals of people I know, people I care about.

Always, their deaths are painful reminders that we eventually lose people we care about through death, that life is too short and there's always an end. No matter how we try to control some things in our lives, there are things that we cannot control, one of which is death. To be frank, I get more scared now with the thought of death. Scared than I might lose the ones I love earlier than I expected and scared that I might have some things to regret. I can only pray, do better and do more hoping.

0 comments: