8/09/2010

Rainbow After The Rain

I long for the normalcy of my life to be back again. But beyond that, I long that my father stays strong through his illness. My days now are spent mostly at the hospital, working the phones and/or running around to find his medical needs. Try as I might, I can't help but worry about my father, its effect on my mother and my finances.

I strive to maintain a normal routine to keep my sanity. Some days I succeed and some days, helplessness and depression take its toll. With all these, I find solace in prayers.

On my way to the gym after work last month, I was feeling particularly gloomy. Things are not looking well and I could not help but feel like rolling around the ground in frustration. I could smell the aftereffect of the rain earlier that day and took a long breath to clear my foggy thoughts. Then, I saw this..

Photobucket

There were actually two of them but the second one was too light to get captured by my cellphone camera. Somehow, the rainbows lifted my spirit. I knew then that things will get better like a rainbow or two after the rain even if the present is not looking just as good as expected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesomely beautiful :)

junelle said...

Hello Tes! I know how you are feeling right now, been there. It's true that we can only find solace in prayers. Stay strong for your papa. Makawerla jud ang predicament na na pero i-watch og sine na lang para maka-relax pud usahay.