8/21/2010

PhotoHunt#102 Numerical

Happy Kadayawan!! Celebration is ongoing for the 25th Kadayawan 2010 until the 22nd of August, Sunday. Today, we had the Indak-indak sa Kadalanan (Dancing in the Street) contest.

Photobucket

I was initially not in the mood to watch the Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan (Dancing in the Streets) contest but I remember that this is actually the first time that my father won't be able to see the festival he so loved to watch. So, in his memory, I braved the sweltering heat and the ever-increasing number of onlookers (foreigners and locals alike). I took photos and watched the contest.

Photobucket

There are now only two staging places for the said contest, one is in front of Rizal Park at San Pedro St. and the other is at the junction of C. M. Recto and Roxas Sts. fronting Marco Polo Hotel.

indak-indak sa kadalanan,Kadayawan

There will be a showdown of the participants this 3p.m. infront of the Rizal Park, San Pedro St.

This is my entry for:

For more photohunters, go here.

6 comments:

Frances said...

Doing the things that your Dad loved is a wonderful way to honor his memory. Yesterday would have been my own Dad's 76th birthday. The photos of the celebration were bright and beautiful - hope you danced a little too ;)

Kim, USA said...

Oh wow amazing costumes!! Happy weekend!
Photo Hunt-Numerical

Anonymous said...

I love your choices for this weeks theme.

jan said...

very well captured photos..totally perfect for the theme..

please visit my entry here

http://moms-journey.com/2010/08/21/numerical.aspx

see you and have a good weekend!

Eds said...

so creative of you taking that shot! i really like it.


http://www.abc1on1.com/2010/08/photo-hunt-numeric.html

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

First time, you won't be watching with your Dad. Sure you will feel sad. I missed my mum when she died suddenly at 60. When it was my Dad, he was 84, a good old age to return home.

Be consoled that your Dad is at home with his dad in heaven.