4/24/2009

Back to Running

I am just pleased with myself today Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net. I ran for about 1.5 kilometer today and it was my 3rd time for this week. It was a modest comeback but I am happy with my achievement considering that I have a love-hate relationship with running/jogging. Yes, running is part of my routine when I do boxing or tennis or some other activities but to do it exclusively, it was hard for me. My target for this week was to do a total of 5-km on weekdays but I feel good today even if I did not reach that target.

I was quite an active child and I preferred running when going from point A to B; but when it comes to running/jogging as a sports or discipline, I would rather do other things. For me back then, running/jogging is like pulling teeth manually by myself. Painful and unnecessary.

Last year, i started joining our club's running club and even bought the club's jersey to get serious with running. The jersey remained unused until now Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net. I did start to run late last year until a lump poked out on my left ankle early this year that forced me to stop. It was only just last month that I started testing myself again. Ugh! It was torture at first and could hardly reach one kilometer per run. But this week, I feel good enough to go straight pushing for 1-km per run in addition to my cardio routine (boxing and/or group exercise program) or weights program. I am challenging myself to reach the 5-km target for the weekdays. Let's see if I can do it this coming days.

0 comments: