4/04/2009

Went Hiking In Old Vulcan, Camiguin

I really need some good massage right now. My body took a lot of beating today. First, I did not get some sleep last night as we travelled from Davao to Cagayan via Bukidnon. When we arrived in Camiguin, we immediately went sightseeing and did some hiking in Old Vulcan, Camiguin. It was supposed to be done later today when it was cooler but we decided to do it earlier.

Unfortunately, we did it at high noon and it got more tiring for me because I was only wearing slippers as we went up the mountain to do the Way of the Cross. I was actually wishing I wore some comfort shoes as my feet were really hurting and burning from the heat.

One of our friends who is not used to any physical activities wondered if his Ugg Boots will help his feet feel better. We actually thought he would pass out as he was really breathless while we were hiking up the mountain. It was a good thing that the hike going down was easier.

After we did our hike, we had our lunch and went to the Sto. Nino Cold Spring afterwards. This spring is government-run and is a quite popular destination not only by the tourists but also by the locals. I had a cold shock when I got in the pool as it was really, really icy cold. We ended up huddled and shivering together in our corner of the spring pool.

Afterwards, we went to the Sunken Cemetery and the Gui-ob Ruins. We wrapped our day with a soak in the Ardent Hibok-hibok Hot Spring before dinner. This one gave much relief to our tired muscles but it made me feel so sleepy.

Tomorrow, we shall be doing some more sightseeing around Camiguin Island. I will keep you posted as soon as I can. Meantime, off I go to a much needed rest.

3 comments:

agent112778 said...

wow ingit ako

i plan to do this too pero CDO-Camiguin-CDO-DVO-CDO on 2010 bcoz pangga is from CDO and on feb 2010 we plan to got to DVO & samal kya todo ipon while planing,

but first MNL-CDO muna for this year :D

bing said...

i have always wanted to see the sunken graves..

escape said...

yihaa! nobody will ever be disappointed in visiting camiguin.

i hope to see some photos of the beach.