9/02/2008

Where Are My Durians?

Yesterday, Sunday morning, after having our tennis session, Anne and me went to the SM Davao Agro Fair. We checked out their orchids and other ornamental plants on display and for sale (I will post some pictures here later). When we saw a durian stall, we hurriedly get to it, intent on eating some durian. Imagine our surprise to hear that the Arancillo variety costs P70 per kilo! What??! It can’t be. It is still harvest season for durian, it should be somewhere P40-50 only. The storeowner apologized and said that the harvest for this year is quite low and slow(which I cannot refute as usually fruits can be found in every streets in our city but nowadays, you can only find some trickle). So, off we go, giving up buying durian and with the hope that the harvest gets to improve before this year ends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow tess, you make me droll in this picture. i missed durian so much i know for a fact that your durian in davao is so sweet and yummy. have a good day.

Unknown said...

whewww.. durian, wait for me till october hehe i'll go to davao city nxt month, i'll take the opportunity to satisfy myself.. :)

Anonymous said...

I soooooo love Durian. Hintay lang na bumisita kami dyan :-)