9/19/2008

Film Documentary on Arnel Pineda and Journey

Unless you are a Pinoy living under the rock since a few months back, you would know who Arnel Pineda is. He is the current vocalist of the internationally renowned American rock band, Journey. Arnel Pineda’s Cinderella-like rise to international stardom came via youtube. Prior to that, he has had successful stints singing vocals with different Philippine bands, had shows abroad and had albums.

I was reading the Philippine Inquirer today and read that Arnel Pineda and his American band, Journey, are in collaboration for a film documentary with another talented Filipino, award-winning director Ramona Diaz.

The documentary will highlight the group’s journey with its new vocalist, Arnel Pineda, as they travel, rehearse, prepare, perform, and interact with each other and with others.

I have seen the work of Ramona Diaz through her documentary, Imelda, and it was quite interesting and compelling to see. It even showed a side of Imelda that not a lot of people knew even if she was one of the more popular Philippine political figures for several decades now. So, for sure, Ms. Diaz will do a very good job for the Arnel Pineda and Journey documentary.

Personally, I have always liked Journey and their songs since I was in high school (ahem! That reveals my age somehow.) but now, I like the band more because our own Arnel Pineda is their vocalist. He sure deserves all the attention as he is really a very good singer and performer (yeah..yeah..I’m one of those who sat bleary-eyed through their youtube videos). In fact, I have been drooling over their CD for weeks now and just bidding time to buy one. Well, actually, I have been bidding my time because I want to buy the US version of the CD album as it includes a DVD of their performance, which the Philippine CD version does not have.

The said film documentary will be released sometime next year and you know what, there are plans for an Asian tour next year for Journey and am crossing my fingers that Philippines could be one of the likely destination. Woohooo!By the way, the film documentary is tentatively entitled "Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey". And now, I wait anxiously…

3 comments:

Ritchelle said...

Hello,thanks for the comment!

Smorty was active last year.I guess until now.They are actually good if you have a page rank.Before I have 5 pero last year lang din yun!

I am a fan of Arnel/Journey.They were here last June but I didn't know about.I hope they are going to hold another concert in Dublin.

Kim, USA said...

Hello thanks for the dropping by at my new mansion I do appreciate it so much.
I had a chanced to watched their concert here in MI!! I have some pictures in here http://kissess4u.shutterfly.com my gush you wouldn't believe how powerful this small guy is. He sangs 15 songs and every 5 songs a 1 song is being performed by his band members. His voice is so powerful that through all the concert the people are standing and singing with him and dancing with him.
We were laughing (w/ friends) because the microphone stand is taller than him but oh men he is just awesome!
I would be very happy to watched that documentary film soon. Watching his interview in YouTube makes me cry na nga eh. Most of the Pinoys who happened to watched the concert just had one thing to say "We are proud to be Pinoy"!!

Kim, USA said...

Oh by the way, (talagang bumalik hehe) I am older by two years. Kaya medyo alam ko rin yong songs nang Journey hehe.