6/01/2008

P50 per kilo of rice





I went to do some grocery shopping last night after watching Sharon Cuneta’s Caregiver and was surprised to see the long lines of people paying for their groceries. I was thinking..”I thought there’s a crisis.” Moments after, I realized that Gaisano Mall’s having a midnight sale for two days (Friday and Saturday), timed at the end of the month and with the start of school days just around the corner, the malls are doing really good business nowadays.

Last year, it was predicted that the kilo of rice will reach P50.00. Most of the reaction was of the utter disbelief and it was common to hear people say “That’s crazy! People will die of hunger with that price!” But when I got to check out the price of rice at the grocery store, I really dropped my jaw, took me awhile to recover, and I just have to take pictures of the prices! It seems that P50.00 a kilo of rice is really not farfetch, after all.








































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 kilos nalang pala ang 100 pesos, how about the ulam? hhhay buhay...

Nance said...

hi,
thanks for visiting my blog. sure, i would love to exchange link with you. i added u already, hope you'll do d same? thx

ganda ng mga pics sa blog mo, parang nag-tourist na rin ako! lol

Mari said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. You're welcome to snag the tag.

You've got some cool photos here.

Care to exchange link? I have 2.

Art and Soul
My Art