6/08/2008

Dolphins of Bohol


Have you seen dolphins in the wild? For sure, a lot of you have seen them only in theme parks, animal shows and zoos while dancing, gliding and flying across the air upon commands from their trainers. Dolphins are beautiful, exciting and funny. That's just a part of it because when you see dolphins in the wild, the experience is so exhilarating and awesome. For me, I could not help but pity the ones who were captured for the shows because while they may be well-taken care of, they do not have the freedom to do what they were born with..to be free and wild, frolic in the waters and be with their families.
The pictures were taken while we were dolphin watching in the waters of Bohol Sea somewhere between Pamilacan and Balicasag Islands, two islands well-known not only for their pristine-white beaches but also for their superb, world-class diving sites.

(Balicasag Island on the background)
We were actually expecting to see whales too; but they were not there. The dolphins more than made up for it though. They frolicked and played and made it very difficult for us to catch them on camera. We've seen some who actually chased the boats. And well, I was too excited to see them that I forgot to set my digicam into the multishot mode. Well, next time I will do better.

2 comments:

Canadian Finance Guy said...

I am up for the link exchange. I have added your blog to my links.
imwtff.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

wow.. ka nice sa dolphin wla lng mi kita last pag-ad2 namo sa balicasag kay noon naman gud.. mag show lng dw early in the morning...