1/07/2011

Lessons Learned From Last Year

I have always felt the mixed feelings of sadness and anticipation each time a new year starts. For this new year though, those feelings intensified. The past year has not been easy not only for me but also for my family. Problems cropped out one after the other and the illness and death of my father was the real blow.

I only have profound gratefulness and appreciation to a cousin who helped us out by just being there with us, by running errands and by consoling my mother while I was busy taking care of my father’s health and subsequent funeral needs.


I learned a lot of valuable lessons from losing my father this year. One is that if there is some ill health in my immediate family, I really cannot depend on our extended families from both sides to help financially. If I did not find some burial insurance policies for seniors years ago for my father, it would have been so hard for me financially to handle my father’s burial expenses.


His death was also a painful reminder that my parents are not getting any younger as days go by. With that thought, my constant fear now is for my mother. My constant prayers nowadays are always for her to stay healthy and to live longer.


Another lesson I learned from my father’s death was that while death is inevitable, the pain and worry can be somewhat lessened by preparing for its inevitably. This realization made me check out the current Burial Insurance quotes a few days after his death.


I do not want to be a burden in the near future. I do not want my family to worry so much about me when I get sick or God forbid, when I die. Saving for the future can help but having insurances such as those from MetLife.com are also quite practical and helpful.


It is just a matter of choosing the one that really fits my needs and the one that could really deliver what they promised.

0 comments: