8/26/2008

La.Pi.S.#6 - Breakfast


There are times that no matter how good or complicated or exotic the food is, I could not care less. There are times that all we want is the food that comforts us, that reminds us of good times, of being home, of smelling the food being prepared while we were waking up when we were kids.


For me, I remember when both my parents would wake up in the early mornings to prepare our breakfast. I even remember my paternal grandmother’s dawn brewing of her native coffee (that’s another story here) to warm the grumbling early morning stomach and afterwhich, the smell of bulad (bisaya for dried salted fish) being fried just never fails to penetrate the foggy brain of sleepiness.


The best breakfast for me are these: newly-cooked rice with sweet-smelling pandan leaves, fried bulad(dried salted fish) and mongo beans cooked with coconut milk and pork. Don't forget the dip for the bulad, squeezed native lemon(lemonsito) or vinegar with sliced raw garlic. Bliss!


Here's another yummy breakfast to start your day right.










11 comments:

Anonymous said...

reminds of of the past 3 weeks when i get to wake up again in the smell of breakfast being prepared by my mom while they were here:(...now i'm missing them again:( hey the monggo and cocomilk sounds interesting...is that the same as ginisang monggo only with the addition of the cocomilk?

 gmirage said...

I miss tuyo, gg and all those salted fish! I like monggo too and because just like the liver steak, it contains lots of iron (www.kitchenmaus.blogspot.com)

Onga ibang version ito with cocomilk, nacurious ako...

Ces, nalate ako super for this LAPIS sali ako!

Vigil said...

As I see it, I would love it for a lunch. I only have milk and sweet waffle in the morning...then I got to run. I made it a habit already to not eat something heavy.

__________
Oh BTW, may I ask what is your opinion about my latest post? Just leave a note in the comment section and i will be back here. ^^

Anonymous said...

You are right there. Here in Holland, I can also cook the native dish but it is indeed a hustle because i have to eat alone. I never ate boiled rice since I left the Philippines... nakakamiss na din.

Anonymous said...

Nakakatakam naman nyan. Hmmm... pwedi ba akin nlang yang isang bowl o plato? ^^

agent112778 said...

wow an sarap naman ng heavy breakfast nyo. mukhang masarap yung daing(bulad) :) for me visyan danggit parin is-da best :)

Dhemz said...

Lami-a sa bulad uy..galaway ko! So, are you taking online class too? btw,thanks for the comment..ngek..flying colors..heheeh!

Anonymous said...

ang sarap naman ng daing at mungo...yung daing mahal dito yan.

Anonymous said...

oh my, typically Pinoy talaga. Daing and mongo for breakfast. I love it! :)

pusa said...

gusto ko ng monggo at dainggggg!!!! crave tuloy ako bigla

Michelle said...

aguy kalami sa buwad ug munggos. kakaonon napod ko ana dah. hehe bitaw, lisod ang buntis kay lain2 ang bation. thanks for dropping by. :)