3/27/2012

Her First Visita Iglesia After So Many Years

She left Catholicism years ago but because her family belonged to that religion for generations, she could not easily and totally leave it alone. More so, that our culture is intertwined with it.

I started doing Visita Iglesia years ago when I did it the first time during our Ilocos tour. Amazed with our historic churches’ beauty and longevity, I started doing it whenever I am in the country during Holy Week. Now, we are scheduled to do the Visita Iglesia together. Her first after so many years. No, she is not reverting back to her old religion. She was just curious enough about my stories of Philippines churches and their amazing architectural designs that lasted for generations. I do hope she will love the trip as much as I did for the past years.

0 comments: