10/06/2010

Outdoor Wednesday#5 In the Middle of Nowhere

Photobucket

We passed by these tourists in the middle of nowhere on our way to the Mt. Pinatubo crater. They were lucky that they had two 4x4 trucks and each truck had a two-way radio to get in touch with the base camp.

Photobucket

Nowhere is this vast land of lahar country. I could not imagine getting stranded in the middle of it. Miles and miles of lahar and as far as you can see. It looked so surreal, to say the least. Our guide said that it has gotten better since Mt. Pinatubo erupted. The early days were the scariest as the ground was really hot from the volcanic ash and quite unstable during rainy days.

Nowadays though, Mt. Pinatubo is one of the crowd drawers in Luzon. People from all over the world visit its crater. It was actually worth the dustful travel I had to endure going to the crater.

10 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That doesn't look like anyplace I would like to be stranded.

LV said...

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to this desolate place. As for me, I like a little more action around.

teresa said...

I am sure it was amazing to see but the drive doesn't look to fun. glad they had radios.

Jocelyn said...

Oh Wow it does look like the middle of nowhere. Glad that you enjoyed your trip.

Gizelle said...

really amazing how the lahar had turned this place into...ganda kahit desolate

Debbie said...

I would be a little scared to be stranded in the middle of nowhere like that. I'm sure the crater was worth all the effort to get to see it though!

Donnie said...

What a different landscape. I agree with everyone else- no place to be stranded.

Linda said...

Very interesting place...I visited a dead volcano in Arizona once...fascinating!

Andrea said...

Hi Marites, saw your link in OW, i posted there too for the first time. Your photos are lovely. I haven't been there yet actually, they say it's a very hot hike!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Those white sand are just gorgeous. Which of those handsome guys you think will make a good boyfriend? LOL