5/19/2012

Love Your Enemy


I was on my to church in a taxi yesterday and was listening to the radio absentmindedly. The radio hosts were talking about asking for God’s grace to have more patience and striving to love one’s enemy.  Out of the blue, the taxi driver asked me if people could actually do what the radio hosts were talking about. I could only laugh. Because honestly, loving one’s enemy is easier said than done. Personally, it takes even a lot of effort to even talk civilly with an enemy especially if my thoughts were running on wanting to pull the hair cuticles forcefully of my enemy. More so, it is harder  nowadays because there are more insensitive, selfish and greedy people around. But like the driver said, with prayers and God’s grace,  we might not be able to love our enemy but we can actually be tolerant towards them. I could only pray for that.

0 comments: