3/24/2010

Back To Running

I am back to running and I am struggling with it. It used to be just so easy but my irregular habit of doing it is making it difficult for me. I cannot not run. I will need the stamina that the mountain climbing activities these coming few days will ask from me. Running and boxing can only give me that stamina.

I wish running is just so easy. I have this love-hate relationship with running. I love it because it's faster to go from A to B. I love it because it really helps slim me down. I love it because I know it will keep me healthy. But, I hate it because it might appear easy but it's really not. Well, it's easy at the first few meters but after that, the will power starts to sway from wanting to continue running to just stop torturing this starting-to-get-old body of mine and walk out of the running track.

Sure, I get inspiration in having those nice running shoes (I love my Adidas nowadays) but gee, that inspiration only last until my feet starts hurting. Then, in a few minutes time, I would start thinking of throwing out those nice running shoes against the wall. And, just imagine that I could walk out the door walking barefoot. What a bliss, I thought.

I admire those people I see who just breeze through running everyday. They look graceful and almost like they're not running. I wonder if they are struggling just as the same. Perhaps, if I could just do it consistently. The grace would come and the struggle won't be as much.

0 comments: