8/15/2012

Busy With Kadayawan

This year's Kadayawan festival feels somehow different for me even if I'm always excited about it. There's pressure this year. Our photography group is one of the assigned groups to take photos of the festival's events. So, as members we were assigned events to take photos of. Unlike before wherein I can just take Kadayawan photos whenever and wherever I like, now I have some assignments. Ugh! pressure!

 So, I should be at Sayaw Mindanao (Mindanao Dances) on August 16, 5-8pm at the SM Davao-Annex. On the next day, the Hiyas ng Kadayawan finals shall be held at the Davao City Recreation Center (formerly Almendras Gym) at 7pm. Of course, the Kadayawan weekend events are the most anticipated ones so I should be there no matter what. On Saturday, August 18, is the Indak-indak sa Kadalanan (Kadayawan street dance). It shall start around 8am along Roxas Ave and will culminate at the Rizal Park. In the afternoon, the participants will present again at the Rizal Park for their final performance. Sunday, August 19, is the Pamulak sa Kadalanan (floral float parade). Again, the same route as that of the street dance.

My, what a tiring schedule. But hey, am having so much fun!

0 comments: